I have acted in relation to a broad range of issues in the area of international trade for importers and exporters, both in relation to non-EU and EU trade (in particular between Ireland and the UK). I have acted for a number of business in the transport sector, which undertake road and marine transport of goods for importers and exporters.
My practise as an England and Wales solicitors has brought me into contact with businesses in both Ireland and the United Kingdom which trade with the other jurisdiction as well as trading with continental Europe and outside the European Union.
My experience s has included
- drafting and reviewing trading domestic and international terms and conditions
- drafting and reviewing invoice discounting facilities for lenders and traders
- contract disputes arising from international sales for both Irish businesses and international suppliers
- reviewing letters of credit
- ship finance (for lenders)
- debt recovery and disputes for international traders against Irish customers and suppliers
- debt recovery and disputes for Irish traders in the UK
- advising on customs facilitation and disputes with customs authorities (as tax consultant)
- advising on numerous transport, compliance and other issues for international hauliers.
I have written in Irish Legal Guide the only Irish legal text on international trade and exporting. It includes detailed coverage of international sale contract issues, carriage of goods by sea, air and road, trade finance, customs and other export control.
I have written at length in brexitlegal.ie in relation to customs and related issues in the context of Brexit and have summarised the current EU UK legislation and the new legislation for post-Brexit trade.