I have been a Chartered Tax Advisor and member of the Irish Taxation Institute for over 16 years.I am a Qualified Financial Advisor and although I do not act advise on or arrange financial products, I bring a broad wealth management perspective to bear.
I formerly worked for the in-house legal firm of one of the “top four” accountancy firms. In this capacity I worked closely with several specialist tax groups and worked on or in some cases managed, complex tax based projects with those groups.
Subsequently I have worked as a solicitor and taxation adviser and / or have implemented tax based structures, sometimes in conjunction with accountancy firms. I have advised on and implemented structures and arrangements which are tax efficient or use tax reliefs and incentives that are available.
I have worked in particular on reorganisations and arrangements in relation to company groups, company sales and purchases, succession, and inheritance tax planning. I have created and worked on numerous lifetime and will based family trusts.
Although it is not part of my routine work I undertake and advise on income tax corporation tax, PAYE, VAT, stamp duty and capital tax returns.
My experience includes advising and implementing
- corporate reorganisations
- tax efficient pension structures, including self administered schemes
- extracting cash and assets from companies tax efficiently
- tax aspects of incorporation and the group structures
- Enterprise and Investment Scheme Incentive Scheme, Seed Capital Scheme & SURE
- inward investment by non-Irish entities seeking 12.5% rate
- tax due diligence in company and business sales and purchases
- implementing the Irish aspects of international tax holding structures
- advising on offshore trusts issues
- capital gains tax entrepreneur and tax retirement relief
- tax efficient wills and trusts
- inheritance and gift tax relief reliefs
- succession planning
- stamp duty advice and planning
- advising on VAT on property and leases
- general compliance issues including revenue audits
- double taxation relief
- tax returns for personal and corporate taxes
As part of Irish Legal Guide, I have written over 1,000 pages of content and organised the original legislative materials and many Revenue notes across all taxation areas