I offer a one stop shop in relation to the legal issues which arise for businesses. I have practised across the range of business and commercial areas over the last 25 years. I have acted for numerous businesses, principally in the SME sectors, in relation to the full scope of their legal requirements.
I bring a rounded approach to businesses issues, drawing on my experience and technical knowledge in the areas of companies, partnerships, shares sales and purchases, employment, pensions, information technology, commercial agreements, banking and finance, intellectual property and general regulatory matters.
I am also practising Chartered Tax Advisor and have qualifications in finance which has enabled me to bring a broad commercial perspective to transactional and advisory work.I have a particular interest in and understanding of finance and economics. I work with financial accounts, management accounts, budgets and undertake tax returns on an ongoing basis in my own legal and publication businesses.
I have advised on and undertaken numerous transactions in many sectors, including;
- Share Purchase and Sales, Reorganisations, Joint Ventures, Investment Agreements, Business Asset Sales and Purchase Agreements and all attendant aspects in many sectors as principal solicitor or team leader
- Drafting and negotiating numerous commercial agreements incl. Shareholder Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements, Distribution and Franchising Agreements
- Bespoke corporate agreements and other business arrangements
- Competition law issues
- IT and Internet contracts and issues
- Data Protection and privacy policies
- companies and corporate procedures and compliance
- Shareholders and partnership disputes, proceedings and negotiated settlements
- Corporate group reorganisations including tax tax efficient structures
- Equivalent experience in United Kingdom including Share Purchase and Sales, Partnership Agreements and disputes in England and Northern Ireland
- Commercial supply and trading contracts
- Employment contracts
- Employment policies
I seek to bring a practical approach to drafting arrangements, structures and agreements that are sensitive to the particular circumstances and take account of unique issues for the business concerned. I have extensive experience in advising on legal compliance generally.
I have written the Irish Legal Guide which is a unique and comprehensive guide to Irish Business law. The modules now available which come to over 5,000 pages of original material written by me, bring together all the key area of law encountered by businesses.
Irish Legal Guide is a subscription website. I offer each user a once off one week no-commitment trial to sample its content below. Please click on the logo to the right to see the range of comprehensive material available.